Sunday, May 26, 2013

In the key of Ursa Minor



Without a real income and a very disciplined approach to buying clothes, shipping and customs charges hurt much more deeply than I remember. So I am quite happy to have recently become obsessed with a Canadian designer, as I can then buy fantastic pieces that do not bring an unpleasant surprise when they arrive at my doorstep. I had bought and posted about the Ursa Minor Victorine blouse a bit back (also seen in the photo above), and, after it proved itself to be a most invaluable layer not only for the classroom but also on our European excursion, I came back home wanting a second one. And, lo and behold, the black one was on for half price. The problem now is that I just found out about a (dangerous) Seattle-based website called craft & culture that curates and sells artisan pieces from a great crop of designers including Ursa Minor. Which is great in and of itself (as everyone should own at least one Ursa Minor piece, even non-Canadians), but they have an Ursa Minor piece on sale that Elizabeth has never posted in the Ursa Minor Etsy shop. And 'Seattle-based' means customs fees and increased shipping rates, which means I can't have it. I never even knew I'd want a cream-colored silk duster, but now that I do, I can't. Sigh.


Related Posts