Friday, July 27, 2012

Nanette Eriksen



 

 

Just when I've become comfortable with the idea of being blonde and fringe-less again, I find these spectacular photos of Norwegian designer Nanette Eriksen's A/W 12/13 (and graduate) collection (found via NJAL). Even with those colours belonging to a palette foreign to me, this collection, entitled 'I am Isis', is just perfect, bringing across exactly what Nanette intended: Egyptian imagery with a modern (but respectful) twist. I've gotta say, I now feel guilty for always rushing through the Egyptian wing of the Met (and for thinking that the Dementors' garb is so scary). I also think Nanette and Alexandra Groover may have been separated at birth. Anyway, I would love to get my hands on one of those wool jackets. Or that scarf! Sigh. Nanette, we have to talk.

(Photos via NJAL)


Related Posts