Thursday, May 3, 2012

Graffiti Pockets



Whilst trying to rectify the neglect of my blog-reading duties (I've been rather sidetracked by all the superb new albums coming out soon, AND my man's first trip to NY next month), I happened upon a couple perfect dresses via Style Bubble. These knitted and graffitied beauties are by Brazilian-born and London-based Lucas Nascimento, who, from this day forward, shall be known as The Creator of the Most Perfect Strapless Dress Ever (see Susie Bubble's post for photos showcasing the awesomeness of the first dress). Why don't more/all dresses and skirts have pockets? Would have a whole lot less women walking around with fanny packs, that's for certain...

While we're on the subject of graffiti, have you ever seen Banksy's statues? Apparently this is like six years old, but I only remember seeing the red painted elephant from this show. The statues (via NOTCOT) are heaps more interesting (and, err, more ethical), even for someone with a vested interest in classical and Renaissance art. In any event, I have a very strong urge to go to an art show. Probably because of sudden and unexpected interest in Amanda Palmer's Kickstarter, happening right now. Somehow between Monday and today, I've stopped being scared of her and started being really quite intrigued with her. I'll be staying just a couple blocks away from her backer-only NY art show too...



Related Posts