Friday, April 27, 2012

Helicopters and smoke monsters



I'm very much loving this 'vest' by Sumie Tachibana (remember that glorious outfit of hers?). It may have been inspired by helicopters (see the unpinned styling below), but it makes me think of Tilda Swinton, specifically Tilda Swinton as the White Witch. Which, I know, doesn't make sense, seeing as this piece isn't white, but it has snowed once again, and my brain is suffering for it. Also, I've decided to re-watch LOST from the very beginning, since it's on Netflix and I have the apartment to myself for an extended weekend. Meaning I may or may not have just watched five episodes in a row. Actually, I'd like to recant my former statement. This piece makes me think of Tilda Swinton as the White Witch, if the White Witch was also the Smoke Monster (is that capitalized?). Also, I need more coffee.




Related Posts