Thursday, June 10, 2010

Links à la Mode: Let's go fly a kite...


I almost feel slightly guilty when my interview posts get selected for the Top 20 posts of the week from IFB members. I mean, I'm quite proud of the interviews I post here, but they aren't exactly the regular fare found here on kOs. Not to mention the fact that I only write half of an interview... Anywho, do make sure you read my interview with the lovely (fellow Canadian) Heather Martin of mono, if you haven't already. I especially love her description of how her newest series, FLIGHT, came about. And to think that I've never flown a kite...

Also, there are some great picks this week, including some on blogging in general, if you're interested in that topic. I try not to do too much metablogging, as I find that I cannot not have such a post sound a bit self-important and, frankly, a tad boring (though of course I have had a few real-time conversations about blogging that would create such metablogging posts if they were typed out). But it is definitely a frequent issue that comes up in the blogosphere, especially for those who blog on a regular basis.


links a la mode

Fashion Blogger’s Delight

Edited by Jennine/IFB

After a small hiatus of Links à la Mode it was great to revisit all the wonderful links submitted to the community each week. As bloggers grow, so do concerns about growing pains. Sugar & Spice talks about bridging the gap between her online identity and real life one, Retro Chick ponders the pros and cons of niche blogging and Miss Vinyl Ahoy shares tips protecting your content with a Creative Commons license. But that’s not all… there are loads of interviews from Fasshionaburu meets Rachel Roy and M.I.S.S. interviews a vintage vixen for a stunning video (try saying that 3x). All a great mix, so grab a cuppa tea and enjoy!

Images via Poetic & Chic, Confessions of a Fashion Editor, Parker + Muse, and M.I.S.S.

Links à la Mode : June 10th



Related Posts