Thursday, June 17, 2010

Haider Ackermann



As you know, I tend to feature designers of the indie and up-and-coming variety, rather than well-known and better financed designers. And I assumed that Colombian-born Belgium-based Haider Ackermann was one of the more well-known figures in the fashion world because I had seen his name numerous times on the blogosphere. But New York Magazine notes his status as 'Up-and-Coming' and that he is a 'young Rick Owens', so perhaps I'm wrong about fashionistas' familiarity with him. At any rate, I hadn't posted anything on his previous two collections, as they were by and large leather based. But his Spring 11 womenswear pre-collection, shown last night in Florence at Pitti W and witnessed by the lucky Susie Bubble seems to be perfect in every way. I can imagine that the pieces looked even more spectacular in such a setting as the Palazzo Corsini. I think I've just decided that Italian will be the language I learn next, and what I want to be wearing when I finally set foot in Italy...


Related Posts