Thursday, December 3, 2009

In This Corner...Jeggings


I just had a moment this morning when I got dressed and felt a need to profess my love. I know its not a new thing... But here in Denver, being fashion on point sometimes gets you weird looks too!

I love jeggings... I truly truly do. Here is why...

-Jeggings, if you get the right cut, are the perfect skinny jean, and skin tight.
-Jeggings do not stretch out more than they are supposed to, or after 3 wears like a lot of regular denim does. They stretch and then they go back...
-Jeggings are the perfect pant for under a dress or tunic top, you get no waistband bulge.
-Jeggings are made for our "fat" days.
-Jeggings are made for eating... no uncomfortable feeling or unbuttoning your pants in secret... now you know what I was thankful for on Thanksgiving!

You can get jeggings in a variety of ways... I have quite a few that are stretch pants, some with the pockets printed on, some without. I bought a pair of jeggings at Candy Store Collective in San Fran... they are from Prairie Underground (pictured to the left)... and perfect (though I would have liked back pockets). I have been wearing them non-stop!

Before jeggings were readily available, I was buying maternity jeans (well, I really did need a pair for the reasons anyone would need a pair), but I tell you, I wore the best ones till they wore out! My favorite pair was a pair of Juicy Couture (pictured to the right)... all of the comfort of a stretchy skinny jean in the back (supportive for your butt!) and a great elastine waist. Not only did it do the job for my impending belly, but once I had no bun in the oven, the jeans fit me better than any skinny ever could, and no one ever knew!


***


This Corner was brought to you by Tricia Hoke, whose amazing convertible creations I mused about before here. Check out Tricia's Etsy shop for her current collection, and her website for more pictures and updates. And I must say...I'm almost convinced on the jeggings, Tricia! Almost...


(P.S. In case you missed the memo, "In This Corner..." is a new segment on my blog, where a guest designer will write the post and let us all know a little bit about what goes on upstairs. Much more coming up!)


Related Posts