Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The Berlin Project



It's raining once again. Not that I'm complaining, as I'd rather have a wet winter than a snowy one (why did I ever leave Vancouver?!!). Perhaps I should don a rain jacket and go gather some Lilliputians to drag me over to Starbucks for a comforting beverage...



You really must go to this website and look at all the photos in order (there's about 35 on this website). The several-day production is called The Berlin Reunion, which was part of the celebrations for the 20th anniversary of the fall of the Berlin Wall. "The Reunion show featured two massive marionettes, the Big Giant, a deep-sea diver, and his niece, the Little Giantess. The storyline of the performance has the two separated by a wall, thrown up by "land and sea monsters". The Big Giant has just returned from a long and difficult - but successful - expedition to destroy the wall, and now the two are walking the streets of Berlin, seeking each other after many years apart." I do wish I could've been there to watch with the 1.5 million strong crowd. Just incredible.


Check out the main website for more photos and info on the project. And thanks to Louise Black for originally posting this link!

Related Posts