Friday, August 7, 2009

Wanted: Must be layerable




I'm really not sure what to think of Dimple Lim's 'Tuxedo Dress', now available in The Shop. It is indeed fantastic, but is it really wearable? I have a feeling that this one may stay up for us window shoppers until September 2nd, which isn't so terrible. I do love the intricate pleating of the bodice and even the boned shoulder strips. But those cutaway sides make me squeamish. It just doesn't look layering or non-model friendly. I do wish that there was a picture of the back of the dress, as there's apparently some sort of cape hanging down the back. And I do think the other similar dresses in this collection are quite more accessible (I'm especially loving that drapey white one with the harness overlayer!). But, then again, I'm not the fabulous Amanda Lepore, am I?



Related Posts