Thursday, July 9, 2009

Withdrawal and lace



I feel slightly lost. There are no Kingdom of Style posts today. I think I'm going through withdrawal. I believe cupcakes are in order to restore my bearings somewhat...

The truth is that I'm quite envious of Queen Michelle's unique and confident style. And her hair. So I just love seeing her daily outfit pictures. Perhaps I shall use Garance Dore's blog to fulfill my need of female eye candy. She takes such gorgeous photos and features the most naturally beautiful and chic women. Oh to be European...


But, on second thought, I'll happily remain Canadian, where I can rub shoulders with amazing designers such as Heather Martin. I just discovered her 'mono' line on NJAL. The description of the Series 1.2 collection is perfection: "Interlacing Opposing Thoughts". I love how the lace elements appear to be quite deconstructed and yet much stronger than your grandma's lace tablecloth. I'd like one tattered lace vest please! And that hair reminds me of Anne of Green Gables...off to dig out my VHS copy...


Related Posts