Wednesday, June 10, 2009

A shameless bib plug



Okay girls, either no one is listening to me because no one is reading this (besides my 3 lovely followers, Bonzie, Tiina, and Lindsay), or because no one believes me. But I implore you, you must take this advice if at all possible:
Buy yourself some ArtLab Industrial Couture, a.k.a. a Charlie Chaplin Couture Bib as quickly as humanly possible!!!

I just received mine today in a gigantic box and I couldn't be happier if I tried. I already knew from my ArtLab tee and bustle that Patricia's work is inspired and impeccable. But this piece. This piece looks just as good on me as on the gorgeous model. As I said in the feedback I left, "I don't believe you have to be a certain type of girl to wear this couture bib - with one piece of elastic and one metal snap, it instantly transforms you into the girl who can and will pull it off." Personally, I feel like I'm channeling Björk when I have this on.

I honestly bought this piece assuming that I may likely never wear it. Because, in truth, I am a beauty collector, if you will. I love to splurge every once in a while on items that I might not necessarily use as intended. I'm happy just to own said piece and be able to look at it in person whenever I'd like. Hence my collection of unworn clothes. Having said that, I will definitely wear my couture bib as soon as the opportunity arises. If I had not already had two weddings, I would wear this as part of an avant garde 2-piece wedding dress, not dissimilar to Patricia's pairing of the bib with her new hoop skirt, as seen above. Sigh. If only I could have another one of these in black...


Related Posts