Monday, June 22, 2009

A funny thing (or two, or three) happened on the way to the coffee shop...



1) I was checked out by, in my opinion, one of the most beautiful locals my city has to offer. Since I can't read minds, I have no way of knowing whether she liked my look or thought it to be hideous. But her eyes followed me all around the magazine racks, and I took it as a compliment just the same. Her eyes may have been offended by my uber bright vintage frock, since she usually sticks to a muted palette for her wardrobe. But I can dream and be flattered just the same...

2) Since blogging about the once familiar looking regular at my Starbucks that has now simply become 'her', this girl has somehow become somewhat of a celebrity to me. I've sat by her before at Starbucks, since we've both been there hundreds of times and seating is limited. But now I take extra notice of her and her outfit. Like today. She was making this black ruffled skirt look fabulous. I'm a tad biased though anyway since it reminded me of my ArtLab Bustle of Lysistrata, with its industrial elastic waistband.



3) On my way out, I remembered that there was a Neil Gaiman children's book that I had not yet read. So I found it and quickly read through. And, I must say, it's one of the most delightful children's books I have read! I'm not really surprised, since Gaiman is my favorite author in every genre that he has set his pen to. Now I must go pick up a copy of Crazy Hair for myself...

Related Posts